This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.


Burn Permit?

Outdoor Fires

Outdoor fires require a written burning permit. Burning brush, grass, debris or incinerators fall into this category. 

Permits are issued free of charge online by clicking here, or here, or by calling Town Fire Warden Phil Meunier, 542-9928, or Deputy Wardens Ken Boisse, 845-2525, or Tom Johnston, 598-5681.

Burning is permitted with a written permit (dependent on wind conditions) after 5 p.m., unless it is raining or there is snow-covered ground.

All burning permits are issued the day of the burn and are dependent upon the wind and weather conditions, time of day, length of burn, materials being burned, the number of fire permits issued for that day, and the number of personnel available in town.

For more FAQs about outdoor burning, click here